February 1, 2021
There are more than 2,600 landfills in the United States!
2,600 unpleasant, smelly, and unsightly locations where our waste ends up. The toothbrush you used when you were five is likely somewhere unable to decompose.
At Rockland Green, we are dedicated to reducing the waste that enters these landfills. 2020 may seem like ‘the year to forget’, but we want to give praise to our Rockland residents who contributed to our mission of reducing waste.
2020 Recycling Quantities
- 72,000,000 lbs of Recyclables
- 10,611 Tons of Mixed Containers
- 10,936 Tons of Mixed Paper
- 15,201 Tons of Commercial Generated Cardboard (OCC):
- Over 29,000 residents used the HHW
- 1,209,000 lbs hazardous waste
- 44,000,000 lbs of leaves
- 132,781 gallons of paint, oil, chemicals & pesticides
The more waste we divert from the waste stream into recycling or reuse programs, the more we positively impact the environment.
We need to continue to do our part in minimizing the waste being added to our country’s landfills and multiply the ways in which we can recycle.
Learn more about how you can do your part by recycling!