Recycling - Container
Recycling - Paper
Electric Wiring & String Lights
Electronic Waste Small kitchen appliances, portable heaters, hair dryers, baby monitors, power tools and other electric items that are in good condition can often be sold at a yard sale, given away, or donated to charity.
Small kitchen appliances, portable heaters, hair dryers, baby monitors, power tools and other electric items that are in good condition can often be sold at a yard sale, given away, or donated to charity. Please place non-working items in the garbage.
Small quantities of these items may fall under Bulk Pick-up. Contact your Town or Village for more information.
- Accepted Materials
Televisions, computers and other electronic items contain hazardous materials like lead, mercury and cadmium. They pose a threat to the environment if buried in a landfill. Bring them to a drop-off location for chemical recovery and component recycling.
- Desktop, laptop, portable & tablet computers
- E-book readers
- Modems, external drives, zip drives
- Monitors, keyboards, mice, cameras, microphones
- Printers, scanners, copiers & multi-function devices
- Wires, cables, power cords
- Answering machines & dictating machines
- Calculators & adding machines
- Electronic typewriters
- Fax machines, printers, copiers & multi-function devices
- Pagers & PDA’s
- Telephones (corded & cordless)
- Television, Home Theatre System
- Receiver, Amplifier, Equalizer, Speaker, Turntable
- VCR/DVD/Blu-ray Player/Recorder
- Audio Docking Station
- Vehicle Radio, Speaker, Player
- Video Game System/Software
- Radio, Clock Radio
- Video & Audio Cassettes, 8-Track
- CDs, DVDs (Music, Video, Software)
In addition, many cell phone retailers have drop boxes for unwanted cell phones and cell phone batteries.
- Digital cameras
- Digital picture frames
- Non-digital cameras
- Security cameras
- Video cameras
- Web cameras
- An intro to e-waste: Why it’s a problem